- Have no prior cosmetic tattooing or permanent makeup
- Return for 1 Complimentary Enhancement Session 6-8 weeks post procedure.
- NOT donate blood for 1 year following your makeup service (per Red Cross.)
- ELAVINE will NOT perform Permanent Makeup on any clients who are or have:
- Pregnant or Nursing
- Viral infections and/or diseases
- A Pacemaker or major heart problems
- Had an Organ transplant
- Tendency towards keloids or scarring
- Seborrheic dermatitis
- Skin irritations or Psoriasis near the treated area (rashes, sunburn, acne, etc.)
- Sick (cold, flu, etc.)
- Have upcoming vacations or special occasions planned.
- Used Accutane or Doxycycline in the past year
- Allergic to anesthetic (Lidocaine)
- Extremely Oily or Problematic Skin
PRE-EYELINER PROCEDURE INFORMATION
In order for your cosmetic permanent makeup to heal properly (and look it’s best) these Pre & Post Care Instructions found below are of the UTMOST IMPORTANCE! Pre-Care instructions are designed to limit bleeding and skin sensitivities during the service. Excessive bleeding during the procedure will dilute the pigment color and lead to poor results!
All permanent cosmetic procedures are a multi-session process. You are required to come back for at least one touch-up visit before it can be determined that your work is complete. Be prepared for the initial color intensity of your procedure to be significantly sharper, brighter, or darker than what is expected for the final outcome. It will take time for this transition based upon how quickly the outer layer of your skin exfoliates.
While these tattooed colors may initially simulate the exact color and tone desired, they will not always remain a perfect match. Tattooed colors are constant, while your own skin color will vary depending on exposure to cold, heat, sun, and circulatory changes.
PRE-CARE FOR EYES
- Do not work out 24 hours before procedure.
- NO alcohol or caffeine 48 hours before procedure (Yes, there is caffeine in decaf coffee and tea!).
- Avoid sun and tanning one week prior to procedure.
- Do not take Aspirin, Niacin, Vitamin E, Vitamin C or Advil/Ibuprofen 48 hours before procedure.
- Avoid Fish Oil, Primrose Oil, Prenatal Vitamins, Nutritional Shakes (Shakeology, etc), "Hair, Skin, Nail" supplements at least 48 hours prior to procedure.
- Discontinue Retin-A, and Alpha Hydroxy Acid (AHA) at least 6 weeks prior.
- Avoid the following herbs and spices 48 hours before procedure: ginger, cinnamon, garlic, black and cayenne pepper.
- It is recommended to begin taking Arnica and/or bromelain one week prior to procedure.
- Do not dye, perm or use an eyelash curler for 2 weeks prior
- Do not use eye makeup on the day of the procedure
- Do not have eyelash extensions
- If you have had any type of eye surgery, including cataract, lasik, and blepharoplasty, you must consult your physician and get clearance. Most physicians require 2-9 months before you can have your eyeliner done. This is because there is slight pressure on the eye during the procedure.
- Do not use Latisse or any other lash growth serum for a minimum of three months. May use lash serum after second or third treatment.
- Must arrive eye makeup free
- If taking antibiotics must wait one month
- If you wear contacts, please do not wear them to your appointment and refrain from wearing them for a minimum of 4 hours after procedure is finished.
**Please Note: You will be more sensitive during your menstrual cycle.
POST-CARE FOR EYES
We recommend to have someone drive you home after the procedure!
- Do not wear contact lenses during the procedure or for 24 hrs after.
- Have sunglasses available. Eyes may be light sensitive or even dilated immediately after. The sunglasses are also handy for hiding puffy eyes.
- Take tylenol as necessary for discomfort.
- Eyes may feel dry or irritated. Lubricating refresher drops may be used.
- Apply ointment with clean hands twice daily for 10 days after cleaning with a wet cloth. No scrubbing or rubbing. Do not pick or pull off the sloughing pigment, let it fall off naturally.
- Itching is normal, DO NOT PICK!
- You may apply a clean ice pack (which must be protected with a wet barrier film of paper toweling, towel or cloth) for 10 minute intervals for the first 48 hours. Ice may be applied every hour or so, if desired. Do not put ice directly on area.
- Must not wear makeup on or around the eyes for 7 days.
- Do not wear contact lenses during the procedure or for 24 hours after.
- Do not use an eyelash curler for 2 weeks. Clean eyelash curler with alcohol prior to using.
- Avoid Retin-A, Glycolic Acids, and Alpha Hydroxy Acid (AHA) near eyes to prevent premature fading.
- Expect moderate swelling, usually one to three days following the procedure. While healing, the tattoo will look spotty. This is due to oxidation of the pigment and the redness of the skin. Eyes will fade up to 50% Two or three permanent makeup applications may be required to achieve the desired results.
- The following Pre and Post-Care for eyes will affect how quickly or slowly you heal. Mature age, poor diet, stress, smoking, excessive alcohol consumption, age, general health, sleep/fatigue. The more fatigued you are the lower your immune system is and infection is more likely to occur. Please get plenty of rest and drink lots of water to hydrate prior to procedure.
**Please be patient. Cosmetic tattooing is a multiple-step appointment process with a healing time of approximately 6 weeks in between touch up appointments.
TANNING WILL LIGHTEN ANY PIGMENTED AREA OVER TIME, SO USE A SUNBLOCK 30+ WHEN TANNING. It is best to fully cover your cosmetic tattoo with a hat once you have healed to avoid premature fading. FAILURE TO FOLLOW PRE OR POST-TREATMENT INSTRUCTIONS MAY CAUSE LOSS OF PIGMENT, DISCOLORATION OR INFECTION.
Type your paragraph here.
H Y P E R R E A L I S T I C A E S T H I C & C O S M E T I C S